Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Inching Through/Towards Something

I've made a little more progress on Night See. A process shot:



The learning curve is high and I'll be relieved to see this piece working and completed. 

Meanwhile, progress has also been slow but steady for the tenure binder, my collab with Joelle Dietrick, and Variance Invariance; and as I watch paint dry and patiently mask new areas for thin stripes of color I've been thinking about Ben Davis' 9.5 Theses. Even though my relationship to production is in some ways independent, I can't deny I've got that working stiff feeling this summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Also enjoying the collaboration and the Ben Davis. Thanks for the book tips. Wish we had time for a laid-back reading group during a nice, middle-class vacation...onwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, Joelle. I'm enjoying our co-lab, too -- and I'm looking forward to more time spent making work together.

    ReplyDelete