Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scrap wood



















































2012 has been a summer of play, experimentation, self-doubt and diving in head first. Mostly I've  gone with my gut and resisted the temptation to analyze. This blog has been a way for me to push my studio experiments out the door before their time, before I've had the chance to think better of it. This is why the blog makes me uncomfortable, but I think it's important to feel uncomfortable in order to make interesting work.

I don't know how I feel about these scrap wood paintings. I've been making them all year and I never show them, but when people see them in my studio they love them. It may be time to think about how they figure into the bigger fabric of my work. For now, I'm throwing these two (new this week) out there for you.

7 comments:

  1. The 7-panel piece knocks me sideways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THESE! and your blog title +++ boo-yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ms Hogan, and thanks again for the inspired domain name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these too. I see a link with that rogue tricycle of yours riding a pathway through time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that rogue tricycle of years ago -- glad you remember

      Delete
  5. fab! i especially like the one at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Robert, nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete